This is my latest finished project. It's called'Fanny's Chemisette' and it comes from the Fall 2012 edition of Jane Austen Knits magazine.
I had some handspun (by me) alpaca/silk yarn, which I used to make up the back of the bolero. It is heavy and hangs really well, caught up by the tie at the bottom. I used a crochet tie not ribbon as stated in the pattern.
I didn't have enough handspun alpaca/silk yarn to do the whole bolero and I think it would have made it too heavy so the front is worked in a purchased Sirdar yarn called Escape. I used the DK weight.
Here is the magazine with one of the fronts:
This is the back. I crocheted a picot edging around the sleeves because I felt it looked prettier and I stitched down the collar with large tacking stitches to stop it sticking up and being a nuisance.
The bolero is very comfortable to wear and gives that extra bit of warmth for the evenings.
I recommend this pattern to anyone who wants to make a bolero.