Welcome to my sewing/knitting Blog.

Wednesday 4 August 2010

A new blanket for winter...

This is a patchwork blanket I'm working on for the winter. Last winter was so cold that I made a note to work a new blanket for this year. I am about half way through it now. I try to stitch the squares together so the stitches can't be seen - not always easy. There is quite a science to blanket making. ha ha. I know I have finished a strip when it stretches the length of the couch. That's when I stop, put the stitches on a stitch holder and start a new strip.

I always leave enough of an end to stitch that particular square to its neighbour, which involves a lot of loose ends, but it is worth it in the end. I usually keep the pattern plain so I can watch complicated TV while I'm doing it and not have to worry about counting stitches.

So it is ideal to pick up when I feel like an easy hour. Slowly it grows and grows and when the winter does come round, I shall be nice and cosy underneath it and Patch will be curled up on top.

As you can see, I'm getting on with the little pink dress, not so little now. I am currently working on the sleeves, then it will be the hem and finally the back opening. I think I will use velcro for that so there will be no hard buttons to dig into the little one's back.

Star

1 comment: