Welcome to my sewing/knitting Blog.

Thursday 29 May 2014

A New Raw Fleece Cometh

DSCF1869
I am currently spinning with this beautiful dark purple roving, which I bought from E-bay. It's a very soft merino. It spins up quite quickly and is a joy to work with.

DSCF1865
So far I have several spools of it and some of it is already in use. More of that another day.
DSCF1867

However, I am excited about getting a raw fleece to work with, later in the week so I will be back on here to tell you how I'm getting on with that. I'm not sure what I'm getting yet, but it could well be a long staple variety, like the one in the following video. You will see how www.taylormadeyarns.co.uk spins up an art yarn using a Wensleydale fleece. It's quite fascinating. Do take a look:



Oma

No comments:

Post a Comment