Welcome to my sewing/knitting Blog.

Sunday 23 July 2017

My Vivienne dress complete with video instructions from Frocks and Frolics



I made the Vivienne dress for my grand-daughter in a very pretty alphabet pattern material, cotton fabric. The red accents are from an over-sized tablecloth that I bought from Sainsbury's for Christmas last year.  It was so big (and such good value) that I had to cut quite a bit off to fit my table. I wish now that I had bought lots more of them because the colour is so rich and the fabric is beautiful.
I looked again at Easter for a yellow one, but sadly, there were none. Perhaps next year?


This size is for a one/two year old and has a circular skirt.  However, if you buy the pattern, you will discover that it is very versatile indeed.  The skirt is available as circular or box pleats and the bodice, with its panels, makes for almost endless varieties in pattern.


If you want to try the dress for yourself, just click on the Frocks and Frolics picture button on the right-hand side.  It will take you direct to the website where you can download the pattern and print it off for yourself.


Have fun and happy sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment