Welcome to my sewing/knitting Blog.

Monday 24 May 2010

A very special pin cushion



This is a very special pin cushion that my son, Rob, made for me when he was just a small boy at school. I remember being amazed that he had made it all by himself (with a little help perhaps). I vowed to keep it forever and have so far... I do use it a lot.

The pin at bottom left is a nappy pin. This is one of many safety nappy pins that I used for him and his brothers. I don't even know if you can buy them like that anymore. Most people these days use disposable nappies, but in 1974 when Rob was born, most people used washable nappies and these were the pins to go with them.

Have you noticed how pins have been getting bigger lately? They seem enormous now compared to when our grandmothers were sewing...

Do you have a special pin cushion like mine that means a lot to you? If so, I'd like to hear about it.

Star

1 comment:

  1. I did have a pincushion just like this one, long ago. I wonder where it went. It could be the twin of this one, and now I miss it!

    ReplyDelete